Today’s word from the academic word list is
This is a huge word for IELTS and deserves to be studied carefully.
- the forms of the word you need are: tradition, traditional, traditionally, and traditionalist
- there is a problem with prepositions here: “it is traditional for someone to do something” but “there is a tradition of doing something”
- another common preposition phrase is “according to tradition”
- it is common to talk about “culture and tradition”
- some verbs that are used with tradition include “follow”, “maintain”, “carry on” and “break with”
- there are “traditional roles” and “traditional values”