Today’s word from the academic word list is
- There is only one form of this word, although it can be used both as a noun and, less usually, a verb.
- There are a number of verbs that are used with task as a noun, including:
complete/undertake/perform/carry out a task
- The more common adjective noun combinations include:
(no) easy/difficult/simple/thankless/particular/onerous/formidable task
- Some other useful phrases and combinations include:
to multi-task (do more than one job at the same time)
a task force
to take someone to task (to tell them off)
- As a verb, it is normally used in the phrase:
to task someone with
Congratulations - you have completed Task.
You scored %%SCORE%% out of %%TOTAL%%.
Your performance has been rated as %%RATING%%