Today’s word from academic word list is
- This is an academic word that has the general meaning of standard or reason for making a selection or judgement.
- It has an unusual plural form of “criteria” – this form is in fact more common than the singular form.
- There are two prepositions that you should be aware of: “According to these criteria” and the criterion for this is”
- Some common verbs that are used with this word are fulfill, meet and satisfy
- Criteria may be main, important, objective or principal