Today’s word from the academic word list is
- A key word for IELTS candidates which is extremely useful both in task 1 and task 2 writing. You need to be familiar with both considerable and the adverb considerably.
- It is useful as an academic variation of “big” and “large”
- Be careful that you tell the difference between considerable number (countable) and considerable amount (uncountable)
- Also be careful that you choose the correct form of the word: something can rise considerably (adverb)or there can be a considerable rise (adjective)
- The word is also commonly used to describe discussion, interest, danger and potential