Trying to connect learners with teachers
This is a new project for me. My idea is to try and connect learners who need some help with their English with freelance teachers who work online. It is what I think of as a clearing house – somewhere for learners to find teachers.
I’m not involved really. I just post the details. From my point of view, it’s almost certainly just going to be a free service. If you get some real benefit from this service and want to tip me afterwards then I would of course be grateful, but that is it.
Why I hope it might work
- I like self-help learning but at some stage almost everyone needs some direct teacher help
- I think there is probably demand as I already get a number of requests for teaching online anyway
- some people on my site come and go but just as many stick around – learners looking for real help, not just free resources
- not everyone has the time/opportunity to find a face to face teacher – online can be good and convenient
- it’s a nice idea (I think so anyway)
Interested? – here’s my plan
If you want to see my plan: have a look at this page I set up today:
The idea is that:
- teachers post details of what sort of teaching they provide and how to contact them
- teachers also have the chance to post one of resources/lessons/ideas via my site to help promote their services
- whatever happens next is up to you: you like the teacher, you don’t
- ideally I would like to find teachers from around the world in different time zones to offer plenty of choice
- all I do is post the details – don’t complain to me
You will see there’s a poll for learners to fill out and a comment box for teachers – let me know what you think. If I get enough interest, I hope to get this up and running asap.
Why don’t I do it myself?
I spend too much of my spare time working on my blog as it is. I just don’t have the time as yet. I am only likely to do the very occasional teaching online for now. In another 3 years, the blog should be complete: then I really do plan to work online and not just remotely.